Public servants at every level of government have amazing ideas, smart hacks, or process upgrades that could make all of government better—but these ideas are often overlooked. Borrowing from reality contest show formats like The Voice, Dragons’ Den, and Shark Tank, we’ve invited innovators to deliver a simple 5-minute pitch to a panel of senior public servants. The winners will work with the CIO or digital government leader who choses them to scale the proposal, review it with their team, and ultimately help upgrade digital government for all!
You can expect pitches like:
- Compensate research subjects for user testing to collect data that doesn’t marginalize respondents based on socio-economic status.
- Enable access to modern tools across the GC.
- Design and implement plain language privacy and consent standards.
- Deploy a national API for realtime transcription and translation that complies with accessibility standards.
- Implement standard practices for hybrid in-person and virtual work teams.
Meet our judges:
- Ima Okonny, Chief Data Officer, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Hillary Hartley, Chief Digital & Data Officer, Province of Ontario
- Jean-François Fleury, Assistant Deputy Minister, Research, Planning and Renewal, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat